Hey guys. It’s no secret that in the recent months tragedy after tragedy has occurred, leaving us feeling scared, vulnerable, and uneasy. Some of us feel these things more than others, and that is okay. Some of us try to block it out and ignore it, and that isn’t okay. As lightworkers, we are going to be confronted with negative situations and we have to know how to handle them, or we won’t be very effective in our healing work.
Our job description is to help the world and be able to spread light and love to heal all that is wrong. We can’t do this by blocking out negativity. Think of a wave of water coming at you, if you anchor yourself into the sand, you have a better chance of staying on your feet when you are anchored.
That is what grounding does for us! By grounding, we remain unmovable in our beliefs and in the light that we are here to spread.
So how can you remain grounded? I’m glad you asked.
- Unplug from the media and technology. It is so easy to get engrossed in your computer, phone, tablet, tv, and whatever else you have. While these things aren’t bad at all (I work at Verizon so they literally help me pay bills) but they are tools that can bring us down and keep us in a cycle of fear energy that we don’t need.
- Take a walk in nature. So this may seem obvious but it can really help to connect with nature and just relax. However, if it is too hot to go outside, then listen to nature music, spend time with your pet, get a plant, something to bring nature to you.
- Ask for help! Know that your Angels are ALWAYS around you and WANT to help you! Sometimes we get lost in all of the hurt and confusion of the world and we wonder where our help is. The answer is all around us. I am so guilty of this. I sit back and wonder, why is this happening? And then I realize that I have a small part in helping this, just like you do. We can ask our Angels to help us get, and stay, grounded and they WILL reply.
- Meditate. This is a hard one for a lot of people, myself included, to do consistently because life does get in the way and we lose our priorities along the way. This isn’t a beat up, but we all do it. Meditation is wonderful for connecting us to Source/God/The Universe and our Angels to receive messages that can help the world grow and help us grow stronger.
- This is one of my favorites to do. You can actually do this as you are sitting down at work, home, or school. Visualize roots coming out of your feet and stretching into the Earth. Take deep breaths in and out and do this for as long as you can, need, or want to.
- I asked the Angels for a message and they said this: “Be Present”. This is remarkable because how often to we worry or think about the future? Way too often. We are hardly ever just present in the moment and we aren’t THANKFUL and GRATEFUL in that space. It’s cliche but true when they say “The Present is a gift”. This is SUPER important to remember because when we take it moment by moment and stop worrying about things that are out of our control, that helps us remain grounded and centered in our bodies and spirits.
- Sending Light to the world. When you do see those horrible news stories, send light to that location and to the people involved. Then CUT YOUR CORDS TO IT! Don’t let it remain a part of your energy field and aura.
- Carrying on from the previous, cut your cords to any place and any person that causes you unrest and don’t be sorry about it. We as lightworkers and sensitive people often feel like we have to be the ‘listening ear’ to ever damn thing in the world and that IS NOT true! If you feel like you are being drained energetically, just walk away. It isn’t rude to put your energetic and spiritual needs FIRST! In fact, you NEED to. You’ve got this! Ask Archangels Michael and Metatron to help you with this, and then ACT on what you think, feel, hear, and see as guidance comes to you.
I really hope that this has helped you. My prayers are with all of us and the world. You’ve got this!